Welcome to the Ellicott Mills Middle School PTA website!
Your PTA is an important school partner working to build a meaningful connection between school, home and community! Joining the PTA shows that you support the many activities and important school enrichment programs that provide a productive learning environment for students, staff and parents at Ellicott Mills.
The PTA helps provide parents with opportunities to get involved in their children’s middle school experience. Joining the PTA does not require you to attend meetings or volunteer – it just means that you believe in our mission.
There are lots of ways to help:
Visit our Membership page! Dues are still $15 per person and checks should be made payable to Ellicott Mills PTA. The membership form can be downloaded here. Mail or return completed forms to EMMS with your student. Be your kid’s biggest fan and join the EMMS PTA today!
Check out our Passive Fundraising page for simple easy ways to help raise money for the PTA by saving items you already have in your homes, through the use of store cards, or when you shop online. By the end of the school year, our members will have contributed a few hundred dollars without giving up any extra time or money!
*(Discounted PTA memberships are available. For more information please contact Deeanna Franklin Campbell at email@example.com.)
Stay current on PTA/school events with a visit to our Facebook page here.
PTA Chair Current Openings for the 2017-18 School Year
EMMS PTA has several openings that need a volunteer, and many of these positions can be done remotely. Also, everyone is always welcome at PTA meetings, however, we know you’re busy and if you can’t attend monthly meetings please still consider volunteering your time. Positions that can be done remotely – as in almost entirely online – are indicated.
- Passive Fundraiser Chairperson – this means handling online and community fundraising opportunities such as Amazon Smile, grocery store school rewards programs, Shoparoo, iGive, Goodsearch, etc. [Remote is fine]
- Direct Donations Coordinator – most of the work is at the beginning of the school year and then a little at tax time. Must revise flyers for new school year, work with our Treasurer on donations sent in via check or PayPal
- Directory Coordinator – around January collect email addresses and oversee the secure mailing of this school directory [Remote is fine]
- Hospitality Co-Chairperson – we already have a spectacular and very busy Chairwoman and she simply needs an assistant
- Membership Chairperson – needed ASAP; must be available to attend meetings and membership drives; most tasks are required in the beginning of the school year
- Parents’ Programming Chair – find speakers for 2 lectures/year to take place at the school. We are open to suggestions on how to revamp this position. [Remote is fine]
- PTA Recording Secretary – needed ASAP; must attend all PTA Board meetings and take notes. We have a great template so simply fill out the template and send the Minutes to the president prior to the next monthly meeting.
Not interested in a Chair position but still looking want to volunteer? If you only have 30 minutes or an hour to give this school year, we want you! There is always a need for volunteers for individual school events. Send your email address to our volunteer coordinator, Sharon Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org to get Sign-Up Genius emails.