Your membership is important to your child’s education. PTA membership is open to anyone who supports the PTA mission – moms, dads, grandparents, guardians, friends, relatives and community members. In support of this, the PTA:
- Fosters a sense of community between the school and across all Ellicott Mills neighborhoods where students, staff, and families participate and contribute
- Supports the Ellicott Mills School Staff in providing an outstanding education for our children
- Promotes an environment where students, staff and families are valued
National PTA Mission
- The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.